Responsible for implementation of production processes and procedures, leading productivity improvements with project-based activities, including new product introduction and manufacturing cell design to reduce waste, improve quality and safety, and reduce operating costs. Manage KPIs and ensure preventative actions are taken to maximize success. Support the team with strongly developed technical ability and expertise. Self-supervising within the expectations of Management and work on multiple major projects requiring innovative solutions and technical expertise. Decisions and results have great impact on the direction of the project and its success.
- Design new systems and processes for the introduction of new products or for the improvement of existing ones
- Ensure all product and system requirements are taken into account from the initial product conception to the finished result
- Ensure product and process quality to meet specifications required
- Tender for equipment to ensure the best quality for best price
- Oversee installation of machinery and equipment
- Maintain statistical and financial records
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning work flow, space requirements and equipment layout
- Remove waste from the processes
- Organise plant start-up and shut-down schedules to ensure minimum loss of production time
- Plan and organise maintenance
- Respond to breakdowns
- Analyse down time and identify trends
- Support and lead continuous improvement, problem solving and process improvement activities
- Carry out FMEAs (Failure Mode Effects Analysis), process documentation and implement improvements
- Poka Yoke (error proofing) where possible to prevent errors
- Investigate production and process issues
- Keep up with current and developing manufacturing and engineering trends
- Manage activities of a complex nature where there may be no precedents available
- Keep up with current and developing manufacturing and engineering trends regarding maintenance / tool making
- Undertake special projects as required
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Support and lead process improvement activities
- Write reports and present progress at project meetings and to clients
- Plan projects or subtasks so they may be tracked and presented
- Manage the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Produce written reports and make presentations
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers
- Proactively create a good team spirit by collaborating with others.
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree preferred
- Ability to design processes and layouts
- Work experience within the automotive manufacturing environment would be advantageous
- Knowledgeable and experience FMEA, KAIZEN (Continuous Improvement and Problem Solving) process improvement and Poka Yoke (error proofing) techniques
- Experience in high volume manufacturing environment preferably automotive
- Experience in design and production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and re-work
- Malaysian citizens only.
Interested applicants please submit detailed resume with passport-sized photograph (non-returnable). Salary shall commensurate with qualification and experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The company is an established Japanese Manufacturer and is rapidly pioneering new fields of technology in manufacturing automotive components, devices and products, invites suitable candidates for the above posts for its Malaysian Plant. The Company is continuously expanding its Malaysian business operations with a vision “Value Creation 2020”.