Lead all manufacturing engineering, encompassing capital and process development projects and provide superior technical knowledge. Responsible for providing leadership, people skills and management to team production engineers. Responsible for installation, maintenance and improvement of production lines, managing contractors and ensuring that HSE requirements being adhered. Implement and manage continuous improvement principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and process.
- Implement best practice production engineering, planning, strategy, processes and procedures to improve operational excellence
- Design, implement and maintain production systems to deliver production on time, quality requirements and cost
- Drive functional excellence of the production engineering team
- Drive continuous improvement activities in quality, cycle times, process improvement, machine availability through lean techniques and value engineering to enhance the capability of existing processes and remove waste
- Validate plans to ensure robust and comprehensive technical solutions
- Provide technical inputs to bids for new business and facilitate successful outcomes
- Develop and maintain project plans and budget to ensure delivery to agreed cost targets and timescales
- Identify and justify capital equipment investments
- Analyze and improve material usage
- Analyze downtime, identify trends and develop solutions
- Ensure accuracy of production engineering procedures and documentation
- Produce written reports and make presentations
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Perform root cause analyzes and resolve problems
- Develop, implement, and manage KPIs for each area of responsibility and improvement details
- Set department KPIs, review and assess ongoing performance of subordinates
- Communicate KPIs from strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware and report on achievement of targets and identify actions needed
- Share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimize results, quality of delivery, inline with quality standards requirements delivery with Company and Customer.
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree preferred
- Proven work experience within the automotive manufacturing environment
- In-depth knowledge and experience FMEA, Product Quality Planning and Lean manufacturing techniques
- Experience in new product introduction, reworking design changes and upgrades through to production
- Experience in managing a team
- Malaysian citizens only.
Interested applicants please submit detailed resume with passport-sized photograph (non-returnable). Salary shall commensurate with qualification and experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The company is an established Japanese Manufacturer and is rapidly pioneering new fields of technology in manufacturing automotive components, devices and products, invites suitable candidates for the above posts for its Malaysian Plant. The Company is continuously expanding its Malaysian business operations with a vision “Value Creation 2020”.