Buy materials and products that are essential for the company’s day-to-day manufacturing operations. Review prices and quality and ensure optimal stock levels. The Executive’s responsibilities include evaluating vendors, negotiating contracts and preparing reports (e.g. on orders and costs). In this role, you must have good knowledge of market research, along with solid analytical skills to make sure you’re identifying the most competitive offers. Ultimately, creating and maintaining good relationships with key suppliers to ensure merchandise is high quality and delivered on time.
- Research potential vendors
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers
- Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Review quality of purchased products
- Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
- Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage
- BSc in Logistics, Business Administration or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Purchasing Officer/Executive or similar role
- Knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
- Hands-on experience with purchasing software(s)
- Understanding of supply chain procedures
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
- Negotiation skills
- Malaysian citizens only.
Interested applicants please submit detailed resume with passport-sized photograph (non-returnable). Salary shall commensurate with qualification and experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The company is an established Japanese Manufacturer and is rapidly pioneering new fields of technology in manufacturing automotive components, devices and products, invites suitable candidates for the above posts for its Malaysian Plant. The Company is continuously expanding its Malaysian business operations with a vision “Value Creation 2020”.