Overall responsibility and accountability for the Purchasing Function which includes people and budgetary management. Responsible for ongoing management of purchasing strategy and activity ensuring optimal supplier performance and price. Develop and implement strategy to ensure the function is operating in line with the objectives of the business to add value, mitigate supply chain risk and deliver cost savings.
- Develop and maintain strategic supplier relations
- Manage development of contracts, contractual relationships and contract management to deliver continuous improvement in delivery of goods and services
- Lead and manage a team of buyers to deliver support, cost savings and ensure corporate and business development objectives are achieved
- Overall responsibility for purchasing and cost estimating activities across the enterprise
- Create and implement best practice purchasing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to improve business performance
- Ensure purchasing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets that enables the company to function and compete effectively
- Supplier selection, de-selection, evaluation and rationalization of supply chain solutions including vendor managed inventory, supplier consignments and safety stock
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities
- Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process
- Take ownership of the purchasing policy, guidelines and related documents
- Initiate and develop creative and innovative purchasing processes (e.g. e-Purchasing)
- Negotiate contract terms with key suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders
- Develop negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Develop, implement and maintain supplier relationship and evaluation process to measure effective supplier performance and compliance
- Provide leadership, coach, mentor and develop subordinates and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions
- Set department objectives and monitor ongoing progress and performance
- Strong communication and leadership to facilitate exchange of information in order to implement change and improvements
- Work with the team to translate strategy into specific annual performance goals and departmental objectives and KPIs
- Input and hold responsibility for Purchasing and cost estimating budgets
- Prepare annual purchasing budget and forecasts and all Capital expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with customer and legal requirements.
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the purchasing strategy
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects, review and communicate the impact on purchasing activities.
- Diploma/Degree in Engineering or equivalent preferably related experience in an automotive manufacturing environment
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage stakeholders and suppliers
- Strong negotiator with ability to negotiate at all levels
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience in leading purchasing function with proven track record in strategic purchasing function leadership delivering effective purchasing strategies, policies, process and systems
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Knowledge and technical understanding of automotive processes and components and supply chain management
- Malaysian citizens only.
Interested applicants please submit detailed resume with passport-sized photograph (non-returnable). Salary shall commensurate with qualification and experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The company is an established Japanese Manufacturer and is rapidly pioneering new fields of technology in manufacturing automotive components, devices and products, invites suitable candidates for the above posts for its Malaysian Plant. The Company is continuously expanding its Malaysian business operations with a vision “Value Creation 2020”.