Assist the Warehouse Manager in maintaining the smooth operation of a fast-moving environment. Responsible for the day to day management of people within the warehouse function, to ensure company’s targets and objectives are met to meet customer requirements, ensuring that staff comply with health, safety and standard operating procedures. Responsible for housekeeping standards and continuous improvement within the warehouse.
- Plan, co-ordinate and monitor the receipt, storage and dispatch of goods
- Ensure orders are processed efficiently and that the delivery of materials meets customers timescales/requirements
- Supervise and control order picking, goods in, goods out operations to ensure accuracy with minimum handling and stock damage
- Organise, facilitate and manage stock takes at regular intervals
- Ensure that all relevant procedures and processes are followed and adhered to in line with the Company’s procedures and requirements
- Responsible for driving Standard Work and ensuring quality processes are implemented to ensure a “Right First Time” product to the customer aligned with their expectation
- Deliver the product to the customer on time, every time using appropriate methods
- Operate visual delivery tracking systems in order that commodity status can be seen at a glance
- Ensure that internal delivery processes are adhered to support dispatch time windows
- Lead follow up and resolve Customer concerns
- Identify errors and eliminate root cause using robust countermeasures
- Sustain the corrective actions to eliminate repeat issues
- Deliver efficiencies to support year on year operational budget reduction
- Manage the implementation of engineering changes, production trials, model change and pilot build ensuring robust product life cycles
- In conjunction with the Warehouse Manager, implement warehouse and management systems and working practices in line with best practice and continuous improvement
- Monitor and review operational methods to facilitate both qualitative and quantitative improvements within the operation whilst ensuring continuous customer service
- Control of Fork Lift Truck management to ensure full operational capacity and achieve daily targets
- Oversee any planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment
- Ensure security of Warehouse environment and maintain access control, ensuring 5S housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
- Monitor and maintain stock accuracy by ensuring the physical stock is in line with the warehouse management system and ensure all stock movements are recorded to ensure accuracy
- Maintain the management of supplier return packaging
- Record and communicate all shortage issues to the relevant Materials Analyst
- Monitor stock levels in order to highlight minimum and excess levels and therefore prevent part shortages
- Supervise warehouse team and manage day to day warehouse operations
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and transport companies as and when required in a timely way
- Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working with others.
- Diploma/Degree in Engineering/manufacturing or equivalent preferably related experience in an automotive manufacturing environment
- Experience operating in an executive capacity within a fast paced, high pressured warehouse, logistics and distribution environment
- Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including advanced Excel skills
- Prior experience in logistics/supply chain/transportation function within automotive manufacturing environment would be advantageous
- Malaysian citizens only.
Interested applicants please submit detailed resume with passport-sized photograph (non-returnable). Salary shall commensurate with qualification and experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The company is an established Japanese Manufacturer and is rapidly pioneering new fields of technology in manufacturing automotive components, devices and products, invites suitable candidates for the above posts for its Malaysian Plant. The Company is continuously expanding its Malaysian business operations with a vision “Value Creation 2020”.