Location: Seremban (Negeri Sembilan)
- Attractive remuneration package
- Career Development opportunities
- Full-time position (Manufacturing industry)
A Safety, Health & Environmental Manager ensures the company realizes risks and to prevent them from happening. The SHE Manager will perform critical evaluations of various departments within the company to make sure that all employees are complying to safety standards. The safety policy must be reviewed regularly to improve weaknesses and constantly updated. These improvements must be led by the SHE Manager in eliminating all potential risks.
- As the Safety Committee Co-Chairman, is accountable to provide leadership, guide and ensure compliance with OSHA and EQA requirements and all SHE matters.
- Establish liaison with local authorities such as BOMBA, POLICE, NIOSH & DOSH to ensure full compliance and constantly develop and updating SOPs on chemical handling and explosives
- Directs safety programs for the production plant and Read More…ensure that the facility is not causing a detrimental effect on the environment surrounding it
- Directs safety programs, recommends, design and conduct employee training that relates to safety or environmental health, so that employees can aid in making changes to minimize losses due to accidents and measure effectiveness of such initiatives and programs
- Lead all aspects of SHE matters by developing and driving strategic initiatives in leading the plant to continuously improve its SHE performance
- Report to management on the effectiveness of compliances, recommend and implement the relevant continuous improvement activities
- Conduct and complete all the following safety and environmental audits:
- Annual management assessment
- Internal SHE & explosive materials audit program
- Internal SHE & explosive materials training program
- Contractor safety training & induction program incl. housekeeping, material handling, waste management, emission & effluent control to ensure conformance to SHE Act, Explosive Act and Regulations
- Internal Environment Quality Program
- Air & Water Quality Audit
- Facility and Maintenance scope internally & externally (machineries & production processes)
- Magazines or ESH (explosive safety housing)
- Conduct SHE and explosive training to plant personnel and contractors
- Work closely with operations, security and plant personnel to develop strategies to ensure all SHE and explosive acts are compliance to operating statutes of SHE & Explosive handling
- Constant surveillance to ensure safe workplace culture and practices adhered consistently throughout the organization
- Establish control systems for accidents versus targets, emissions and effluents conformance monitoring system to ensure improvements and preventions and if does occur, to analyze why the event happened, how it can be resolved, and how to prevent recurrence
- Develop specific tools, initiatives/programs and implement to increase awareness of SHE/explosives chemicals and achieves the intended objectives
- Coaching and support to corporate functions across the Plant in terms of achieving SHE & Explosive Personnel Objectives
- Educate, train, and provide support to operations in the development and execution of consistent safety and environmental management programs
- Direct accident investigation programs, develop accident trends, and develop programs for improving performance.
- Regularly inspects and reviews the company’s operations to assure compliance to all permits, operations and equipment under Federal & State regulations and report any potential violations and recommends corrective actions
- Conducts frequent combined safety and environment inspections / field audits and perform immediate corrective actions
- Investigate all safety related incidents, review incident reports and complete the necessary reports for insurance claims, risk management and any other related matters
- Diploma/Degree in Engineering/Safety related field, preferably with NIOSH Safety Officer Certificate or DOSH Certified Safety Officer with minimum 10 years related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Green book holder either from NIOSH or DOSH, knowledgeable in safety regulations and practices, OSHA, hazard communications, accident investigation, health – safety training procedures and environmental regulations and reporting
- Minimum 10years experience leading a team of competent safety personnel in manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of safety systems such as JSA and OSHA systems and capable in implementing and transforming SHE Practices
- Able to lead effectively and interface successfully with subordinates, plant personnel, admin personnel, security and other related parties
- Experience in handling chemicals and explosive materials plus possess related certifications are advantages
- Strong computer skills are needed to be able to carry out research, to create reports, and to analyze data
- Malaysian citizens only
Interested applicants please submit detailed resume with passport-sized photograph (non-returnable). Salary shall commensurate with qualification and experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The company is an established Japanese Manufacturer and is rapidly pioneering numerous new fields of technology in manufacturing automotive safety devices and products invites suitable candidates for the above post for its Malaysian Plant. The Company is expanding its business operations worldwide with a vision “Continuously providing society with the best products through ceaseless progress and combined forces of our consciences”.